Course Overview & Reporting Prep
You can review the latest updates on our Reporting Tools here. All these aspects are covered across these lessons. Continue to return to this course for a refresher and when you have new team members join.
Pro Tips for Course Success:
- Ensure you have the correct roles enable (manage and access analytics) in your settings.
- Always start with Quick Downloads and review pre-build reports on Handshake - these will save you time!
- Be logged into Handshake and follow along, ie build a report while we walk you through the example, pause and rewind as needed - YOU'VE GOT THIS!
Reporting in Handshake - Overview ~5mins
Preparing to Access Data ~4mins
- Dashboards & Snapshots
Snapshots Overview ~4mins
Dashboards Overview & How to Use Them ~4mins
- Quick Downloads
Quick Downloads Overview ~5mins
Quick Downloads in Application ~7mins
Analytics Features and Saved Reports
Handshake provides prebuilt, vetted quality reports for you to consider using (instead of building your own).
We have highlight a couple for you here to explore.
Analytics Page Overview ~3mins
Handshake's Pre-Built Reports ~1mins
- Creating & Saving Reports
Parts of a Report ~13mins
Report - Sample 1 [Student Engagement] ~8mins
Report - Sample 2 [Job Posting by Industry] ~4mins
Report - Sample 3 [Appointments] ~4mins
Report - Sample 4 [Employer Approvals] ~3mins
- Reporting Best Practices, Resources and Troubleshooting
FAQs with a Handshake Expert ~12mins
Analytics/Reporting FAQs & Tips
Additional Reporting Resources
Reporting & Analytics Training
Learning to leverage the Analytics tool within Handshake to gain access to your data and use it for your key outcomes
The Analytics feature in Handshake allows you to look at your data in a variety of ways. From pre-built dashboards and quick downloads to building multi-layered reports. This has been built with your needs in mind alongside a mini advisory board and your on-going feedback. This is a powerful tool to provide actionable data for your team and students.
This training will provide you with comprehensive guidance to using all the Analytics tools available, understanding where you can access your data and how to choose the best method for your needs.
In this course you will learn about:
- Quick Downloads
- Saved Reports
- How to Build a Report
- Best Practices
Who should take this course?
- anyone who will be charged with the task of reporting out on engagement and use of the platform and its tools (such as student/employer use/activation etc) for your campus.
- this person should have access the manage "data" role to allow them to navigate this feature successfully.
We recommend looking at this course as "stacked training". Take off a little bit at a time, starting with the first video and leveraging that tool and then returning to explore the next and so on and so forth.
Do not go immediately to building your own report, much of the information you need is easily accessible at your finger tips through the templates provided, quick downloads and dashboard.