Setting Up Your Account (~8 mins)
Here, you will be guided through the layout of your Handshake and where to set up your profile.
pro tip: if you can have your handshake open while watching the video you can follow along
Account Set Up & Overview
Considerations BEFORE Account Set Up ~7mins
Team Accounts & Permissions (~25 mins)
If you are ready to invite team members to use Handshake, the first thing you will need to do is give them access to their account.
Prior to watching this video you will want to consider your team members and what they will need to do inside of the platform so you can assign them the correct permissions
Pro tip: If you are able to have your account open and following along during the video, this will help learning by doing that much easier.
Team Accounts and Permissions
Creating a Student & Employer Account
Additional Resources from the Help Center
- Distributed Campus Set Up - Optional (~8mins)
Distributed Campus Set Up 7 min
Best Practices for Implementation for a Distributed Campus
Branding a Career Center Page
Milestone 1 Summary & Next Steps
You have made it through you first milestone. Keep in close communication with your Relationship Manager (RM) about any blockers you are experiencing and questions you might have.
Meet frequently with anyone involved in you implementation process and set aside time to complete the tasks outlined in each video.
What to do if students are pending? ~2mins
Milestone 1: Accessing Handshake & Creating Accounts
Setting up accounts and providing the correct permissions to navigate Handshake successfully.
In this course, you'll learn about:
- accessing and setting up your Handshake account
- setting up and inviting members of your team to use Handshake
- creating employer and student accounts associated with your Career Services account
- understanding the permissions & roles available in Handshake
Who should take this course?
- this will be particularly relevant for the campus administrator or the Handshake Point of Contact, as they will need to have the ability to create accounts for others on campus and determine the level of access they will have in the platform